Office: (913) 901-9555

Fax: (913) 901-9558

Useful Information

Helpful Links

Where are my refunds?

Areas of Interest:

Commonly Asked Questions

What are the initial due dates for various income tax returns?

  • March 15th - Partnership and S-Corporation tax returns or extension forms
  • April 15th - Personal, Estates/Trusts, FinCEN Report 114 (relating to Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts) and C-corporation tax returns or extension forms
  • May 15th- Exempt Organization Annual Informational tax returns or extension forms
  • State tax return deadlines vary by state
  • An extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay

How long to keep accounting and tax records:

  • 3 years from the date of filing or due date, or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later
  • If additional taxable income is more than 25% of AGI, extends to 6 years
  • Worthless securities or bad debt deductions - keep for 7 years
  • Employment tax records 4 years from date tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later
  • Depreciation/asset records - until you dispose of asset and then 3 years
  • Business records (ap/ar, gl, etc) - 7 years
  • Cancelled checks, bank account and credit cards - 7 years